Social Security office at 2216 W BEVERLY BLVD Montebello CA
Social Security Administration Office
2216 W BEVERLY BLVD
MONTEBELLO, CA 90640
Hours: Monday to Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
|Services: Get Help With|
Social Security Card
Social Security Retirement
Access Medicare Services
Access Medicaid Services
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Supplemental Security Income
And much more
- My direct express card expired how do I get another one my SSI benefits is on the card
- I am having problems with this SS office, its like they don’t now how to comprehend.
- The state is claiming it’s giving me 914 a month but only wants to give me 224 a month.
Montebello CA Social Security office at 2216 W BEVERLY BLVD works with the Social Security Administration to assign Social Security numbers to U.S. Citizens. They also assist in maintaining earnings records under workers Social Security numbers and administrates Supplemental Security Income program for the aged, blind and disabled. You can visit your local SS office and apply for your monthly retirement, survivor or disability cash benefits for which you qualify.
What should I do before visiting my local Social Security Office?
It’s always best to call and set an appointment with your local Social Security office before visiting. To make an appointment you need to:
- Call Social Security at 800.772.1213.
- Tell the automated system that you need an office appointment.
- Speak to a Social Security worker over the phone to request your office appointment.
What if I just do a walk in at a local Social Security Office?
If you do a walk in without an appointment you may encounter long delays and wait time. Without an appointment, SSA officials said you should expect long lines, especially during the busiest times in local offices; typically, on Mondays, the morning after a federal holiday or the first week of the month.
What documents should I bring with me at my local Social Security office appointment?
Depending on what services you may need such as replacement of your Social Security card, Medicare or Medicaid Services – you may need to have certain documents on hand, such as your:
- Social Security number
- Your passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of United States citizenship or legal US residency
- Your Social Security Card
- Proof of address
- Bank statements and/or proof of income
- Proof of household inhabitants
- Marriage or divorce records
- U.S. military service papers
- A copy of W-2 forms and/or self-employment tax return for the previous year
If I can’t visit my local Social Security Office because of illness or mobility issues, what do I do?
Many Social Security services are available to you by calling the automated telephone services toll-free at 1‑800‑772‑1213. You can get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call their TTY number at 1‑800‑325‑0778.
What social security services are available to me online if I can’t visit my local office?
Most Social Security services are also available online with your “My Social Security account“. You can find services such as:
- Social Security Card replacement
- Request a new Medicare Card
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Disability Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Appeal a SSA Decision
- Change Your Address
- Set Up or Change Direct Deposit
- Print Proof of Benefits
- Print Your 1099
- View Your Latest Statement
- Review Your Earnings History
- Check Application Status
How do I contact the Social Security Administration if I have questions?
TTY number, 1‑800‑325‑0778
Social Security Administration
Office of Public Inquiries and Communications Support
1100 West High Rise
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235
Montebello CA Social Security Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Montebello CA Social Security office is usually very crowded. You must understand every person needs to provide Social Security number when required by a business or government entity. So a lot of people may be at the Social Security office with questions or concerns related to their Social Security number or benefits.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Montebello CA Social Security office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the social security office is to get to the office early.
- Be prepared with your Documents: If you are applying for your Social Security Card or any other Social Security issues, be sure to take with you all your required documents.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do, you can snack while you wait in Montebello CA Social Security office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the Social Security office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the Montebello CA social security office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along. Above all, enjoy the day. You may meet meet a friend while you wait.
Locate another Social Security Office near Montebello CA
Find more California Social Security Office Locations near Montebello CA
- $255 social security death benefit, will that go to the surviving spouse automatically?Q) Does the surviving spouse of a worker, married at the time of death and living with the worker at the time death, and both collecting social security prior to the time of death [the surviving spouse, a wife, has already received notice from SSA that she will begin receiving her monthly widow’s benefits] have to […]
- Am confined to my home,, unable to get to our local Social Security OfficeQ) I am a 100% VA disabled veteran, (permanent, total and confined to my home) due to combat wounds received in Korea and South Viet Nam. Am confined to my home (declared home bound) and am unable to get to our local Social Security Office as all available telephone numbers have been disconnected or ring […]
- Am I able to retire at age 65 3-23-2015, and have enough to retire on?Q) Am I able to retire at age 65 3-23-2015, and have enough to retire on? A) According to the Social Security Administration – Benefit estimates depend on your date of birth and on your earnings history. For security, the “Quick Calculator” does not access your earnings record; instead, it will estimate your earnings based on information […]
- My mother passed away Oct 1st of this year and I still haven’t got her Death Cert yet,..Q) My mother passed away Oct 1st of this year and I still haven’t got her Death Cert yet, I got a letter in the mail stating I only had 5 days to return some info along with her Death cert, what happens if I haven’t gotten yet? A) I’m sorry for your loss. Typically, the […]
- I would like to make an appointment to start receiving the social security benefits for myselfA) To apply for Social Security retirement benefits, you can visit the Social Security Administration (SSA) website to complete an online application, or call the SSA’s toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 to schedule an appointment to apply in person. If you prefer to apply in person, you can find the nearest Social Security office by using […]
- I was told that when I start working full time I would no longer be eligible for benefits I am working fulltime. Q) I was told that when I start working full time I would no longer be eligible for benefits I am working fulltime. A) If you are referring to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, then it is possible that your eligibility for these benefits could be affected by your full-time […]